The gargantuan global debt bubble is now imploding at an astounding and terrifying rate, with the virus acting as a catalyst to speed up the process thanks to the lockdowns and the massive economic disruption that they are causing. The global economy is coming to a dead stop, with the airline, catering and tourism industries the first victims and already largely destroyed in the space of just a couple of months. Several days ago on TV there was the extraordinary sight of hundreds of cars in various US locations snaking sometimes for miles in lines to collect food handouts – and these weren’t beat up old clunkers held together with wire and duct tape like in the days of the Beverly Hillbillies
– many of them were flashy SUVs and Mercedes etc. What became clear from the reporters talking to some of the people stuck in these lines is that a few months ago, or even weeks ago, many of them were living comfortable middle class lifestyles, and then they suddenly found themselves with no work, no income and quickly broke. Sadly, what also became clear is that many in the line thought that this was just a temporary phenomenon, not realizing that in the future they will be lucky if they are able to afford to run their vehicles. What we are seeing here of course is the modern equivalent of the 30’s soup kitchen lines, which means that we are already in an economic depression.
The reason that this article is titled “Getting Positioned for the WORST DEPRESSION IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD” is that debt and derivatives have never built up to such vast levels on a global scale before. It will take a correspondingly severe depression to eliminate this gargantuan mountain of dross.
Greg Mannarino postulates in his uniquely insightful video blogs that a big reason for the lockdowns was to intentionally kill the economy and bring the velocity of money to a dead stop, so that the Fed could create limitless amounts of money to buy and backstop everything without immediately stoking inflation leading to hyperinflation, and also to destroy small businesses so that their assets and workforces could be mopped up by the big corporations who are the beneficiaries of bailouts. Whilst I agree that these were probably key objectives, I think there was also a simpler explanation for the destructive lockdowns. The gangsters now running the Western world realized that they have taken debt expansion to its ultimate extreme and that they could no longer keep the game going – it was becoming dangerously unstable as evidenced by the Repo market starting to fly apart last Fall, necessitating Fed intervention. So basically, they decided to “pull the plug” on the whole thing, but clearly, the resulting mass unemployment, destitution and poverty are creating the conditions where the angry masses, looking around for someone to blame, would come after their leaders with guns and pitchforks. So they had to contrive a way to effectively impose Martial Law without actually calling it that, which would further incense the downtrodden masses. Hence, the release of the virus which fooled the masses into locking themselves down. While the virus undoubtedly has some killing power, which gives it credibility, the death and illness statistics are fiddled and grossly exaggerated by a compliant media, with hospitals being financially incentivized to label most deaths as Covid-19 deaths and to place people on ventilators etc. all in order to scare the sheep into accepting the use of “fear masks” that are designed to amplify the paranoia and into accepting the lockdowns that accelerate the destruction of the economy, so that their lives will soon be at far more at risk from destitution and hunger than they are from the virus.
Another core reason for our despotic leaders to seek to kill the economy via the lockdowns is to stop the velocity of money from accelerating so that they can create limitless quantities of money not just to “buy the world” as Greg Mannariono asserts, but also to prop up stockmarkets and more importantly the debt markets to prevent interest rates from spiking. They don’t know it yet, but they are like King Canute trying to hold back the tide.
One thing that the masses seem incapable of comprehending is that the Central Banks run the world. They are the true power, so in effect the world is run by faceless unelected plutocrats who print as much money as they like to enrich themselves at everyone else’s expense while coercing everyone else into debt slavery. Governments are merely puppet shows put on to amuse and distract the masses. In the US it is really extreme, they don’t even bother to have more than two parties (controlled by the same Masters) who are like Punch and Judy. It’s always a laughable and pitiable sight to see the sheep lining up to vote every 4 years, thinking that their puny vote will make a difference, when of course it makes no difference whatsoever.
It is the towering mountain of debt built up to critical mass over many decades that is now causing the global economy to implode, the virus was merely a catalyst introduced to “get it done and over with”. National debt, municipal debt, corporate debt and personal debt of every kind including credit card debt and student debt constitutes a gigantic festering putrefying stinking mountain of accumulated intrinsically worthless garbage that will – all of it – end up totally worthless before this depression is over as a necessary prelude to a new beginning. Mannarino asserts that the Fed is using this crisis to “buy up the world” and he’s probably right, but if they are they are welcome to it – would you want to own this garbage? What will happen is that their exponential money creation in pursuit of this end will eventually ignite a hyperinflationary firestorm that burns everything to the ground, so that they end up as the proud owners of NOTHING.
Thus, if you think things are bad now, this is a “walk in the park” compared to what’s coming down the pike when their desperate efforts to prop up the debt markets and stop rates rising by ballooning their money creation at an exponentially increasing rate lead to their value being eviscerated by hyperinflation, so that all this debt ends up as worthless in real terms anyway.
To his eternal credit Egon Von Greyerz has been warning of what is happening now for years, and you can’t call a guy who runs a gold depository in Switzerland a fringe wing conspiracy theory nut case. Most have ignored him of course – they weren’t going to allow him to spoil their party on the Titanic with his dire predictions. Now he is being proved right. As he states in his new article THE GLOBAL FOREST FIRE IS HERE “There is a perception in the world that things will continue as they are and that the Deep State is going to control us all in a totalitarian world. What few realize is that the Deep State or Powers That Be are going to lose control totally. They are totally dependent on the world in which they can control everything through debt and the fake monetary system they have created. But let me make it clear that this fake system is about to implode.” I might add that Central Bankers could well end up making an undignified departure with a sharp kick up the rear end as they exit the stage right, perhaps after first being tarred and feathered – and that’s if they are lucky.
So what can the ordinary citizen best do to protect him or herself? I am not going to go into detail on survivalist information here, because it is beyond the scope of the site, and in any case there is a wealth of information available online, but listed below are some things it might be prudent to pay attention to. This is not intended to be alarmist, merely precautionary….
- If you haven’t done so already, place a reasonable percentage of whatever assets you have in gold and silver, and ideally of this a significant percentage in physical gold and silver. Premiums for physical are now high – pay them – because they are going to get even bigger before physical is almost impossible to obtain. Silver is thought to be good for everyday transactions, especially silver coins – while you can show up at a sparse market and say “I’ll swap this silver coin for that bag of potatoes, those 2 cauliflowers and a leek.” If you whip out a gold bar and say I’ll swap this for that truckload of food, you might find that in response they pull a gun or a knife on you, take your gold and keep the food.
- Lay in a supply of non-perishable foodstuffs, as much as you reasonably can, not forgetting other essentials, like access to a clean water supply where possible. Also consider solar power, which is now much cheaper to install and perhaps a generator, if you live in the country.
- If you have got guns you are fortunate – you may need them if you want to keep your stuff. If not get some and plenty of ammo and get practiced at using them in a hurry. Don’t try to rely on the police – by the time they show up 20 or 30 minutes later it will be all over, and that’s if they show up at all – they’ll be too busy protecting politicians and the wealthy. When wild-eyed starving people come looking for your supplies they are not going to greet you by doffing their hats and saying “Good evening – I wonder if you could spare a cup of sugar?” It will be them or you, and they are likely to turn up in numbers.
- Form friendly cooperate alliances with neighbors, just don’t tell them about your food stash. Supposed friends can quickly become enemies when they are hungry enough.
- Have a supply of cash around the house, regardless of the ravages of inflation. Don’t leave much money in bank accounts as they could slam their doors unexpectedly when things get bad. Also split it, so if one fails you don’t “have all your eggs in one basket”.
- After you have made sensible preparations such as the above, which is only a basic list, try to avoid brooding about all this and enjoy life as much as you can while it’s still possible. Even if you are largely confined to your home for periods of time, the internet is a great source of information and entertainment. Here is a short film from an English seaside resort made at a time when the world was getting better instead of rapidly getting worse thanks to fiat and debt as it is now, called Vive Torbay. The beautiful woman on the sea wall is at 4:25 – sadly, as this film was made 52 years ago, she probably doesn’t look quite so good now.
While I do not know for sure whether the measures listed above will turn out to be necessary or not, it’s better to be safe than sorry, and most of the items acquired you can end up using anyway, even if things don’t get worse.
I want to draw your attention to a couple of video blogs by Greg Mannarino where he sets out in no uncertain terms what’s going on. The first is NWO: The Fed Has Their Boot On Your Throat and another where he makes it crystal clear what the virus fiasco and lockdowns are really all about is The Truth Behind The Current TWISTED NIGHTMARE. This video should have at least 26 million hits, or more like 260 million, not 27,000, and the fact that it has so few is depressing and makes you understand why so many are going around wearing fear masks and submitting to Martial Law in the form of lockdowns. Overall Greg’s recent video blogs present a picture of an unfolding dystopian nightmare of a downward slide into a global fascist police state, and while that is certainly the direction things are taking, I am inclined to agree with Egon Von Greyerz’s view of the future presented above which is that all the elements of the immense global debt bubble will disappear into the vortex of a hyperinflationary firestorm that will render them utterly worthless and thus eliminate the parasitic stranglehold of the Central Banks and in particular the Federal Reserve that is based on their ability to create money out of nothing and impose debt servitude on the entire world – when the debt is worthless their power will evaporate. The chaos of “The Global Reset” will wipe the slate clean, sweeping away the purveyors of debt, which will enable a new beginning for those who survive it all based on sound money principles.
While the Central Banks and the Deep State have some pretty big plans, that involve buying up the world and becoming Masters of everyone and everything, imposing a global police State, creating a cashless society where everyone is monitored, and forcibly vaccinating the masses to tag them and make it possible to engage in population control measures etc, their plans are dependent on ongoing debt slavery, but as Von Greyerz makes clear in his quote above and is his articles, they are going to lose control as this bubble blows to smithereens, so that if they think they can create endless rounds of trillions of dollars and yet prevent hyperinflation by killing the economy by means of lockdowns etc, to stop the velocity of money accelerating, they are very much mistaken. This course of action designed to prevent the debt markets going into free fall will not stop inflation leaking out all over the place and then accelerating into hyperinflation that destroys the value of debt anyway and also all fiat. As this process gets underway they are likely to lose control so that what they are trying to prevent happens anyway – the debt markets violently implode leading to spiking interest rates and what economy there is coming to a dead stop.
So let’s be clear about this – the severe depression that we are moving into will not end until this gigantic mountain of debt sludge is rendered utterly worthless. THIS IS THE RESET THAT HAS TO HAPPEN AND WILL HAPPEN, and when it does the Central Banks will lose their stranglehold on the world and go the way of the dinosaurs, after which the world can make a fresh start based on sound money principles, such as currency being backed by gold again.
Greg Mannarino presents the gloomy view that the Central banks are all powerful and are intent on creating a “300-year Reich”. He’s right, they are and that is what they have planned. However, we all know what happened to Hitler’s planned 1000-year Reich. Egon Von Greyerz has an ultimately more optimistic view that after everything has burned to the ground, destroying the powers that be, there will be a fresh start and a rebuild. That is what I think will happen and we will end by considering what the ancient Chinese book of wisdom the I Ching, or Book of Changes, has to say about the current situation, and in particular about the entrenched powers that have steered us towards ruin such as the Central Banks, corrupt and compromised politicians, the Military – Industrial complex and the vaccine barons etc.
In Hexagram 36 The Darkening of the Light, top line of Hexagram (and don’t let anti-Chinese sentiment related to the virus supposedly starting in Wuhan influence you when considering this):
Not light but darkness.
First he climbed up to heaven,
Then he plunged into the depths of the earth.
Here the climax of the darkening is reached. The dark power at first held so high a place that it could wound all who were on the side of the good and of the light. But in the end it perishes of its own darkness, for evil must itself fall at the very moment when it has wholly overcome the good, and thus consumed the energy to which it owed its duration.
Our aim must be to position ourselves to weather this breaking storm as best we can, and the site must focus on the most appropriate investments, that are of course gold and silver, which always hold their intrinsic value no matter what.
Posted at 7.15 am EDT on 24th May 20.